Students who wish to apply for a BA in English must adhere to the following requirements:
- Must be admitted into the university with at least a 2.0 GPA.
- Enrollment in undergraduate program in English, Spanish, French, or Portuguese at FIU.
- Must apply during the first semester of senior year with 90 credits completed.
- Must have completed LIN 3013/LIN 3010 General Linguistics, LIN 4680 Modern English Grammar, FRE 3780 French Phonetics, or SPN 3733 General Linguistics with a grade of “A”.
- Current GPA of 3.2 or higher.
- Two letters of faculty recommendation.
- A 2-4 page statement of purpose, explaining academic plans and goals.
- Student will begin MA program in second semester of senior year.