MFA Self-advising Form
All MFA Students should use this form to keep track of their coursework and fulfillment of requirements as they go through the program.
Download the Self-Advising form here.
MFA Thesis Process
NOTE—Please refer to /creative-writing/current-students/thesis-overview/ when submitting forms.
1) MFA Thesis Process Overview
2) Thesis Worksheet Download Thesis Worksheet here.
3) Literature Component of the Thesis Defense
You should start working on your reading list as part of your preparation for the defense, in consultation with your director, as soon as you begin thesis work.
Please read Literature Component of the Thesis Defense here.
4) Thesis Proposal to be submitted with the M-2 and RGA
Sample proposals for MFA Theses in different genres can be found here:
- Sample Non-Fiction Proposal
- Sample Nonfiction Proposal: Essay Collection
- Sample Fiction: Novel Proposal #1
- Sample Fiction: Novel Proposal #2
- Sample Fiction Proposal: Short Stories
- Sample Poetry Proposal #1
- Sample Poetry Proposal #2
- Sample Poetry Proposal #3
- Sample Poetry Proposal #4
- Sample Poetry Proposal #5
5) Thesis Announcement to be submitted with the M-3
Sample defense announcements in different genres can be found here:
6) UGS Site where you can find forms and instructions can be found here.
*Please be sure to consult your Thesis Director. For those of you who have done the M-2/Proposal/RCR, you will not need to repeat that part of the Tasks.